We Are Lewisham and we champion sustainable fashion.
We’re excited to be teaming up with local designer, Karen Arthur, for April’s Creative Challenge – Make Do and Mend. It’s all about inspiring you to make fashion choices that are kind to the planet.
Why throw old clothes away, adding to the landfill problem, when you could transform them into something new?
Join us for a month of fun and fashion with sustainability at its heart.
- From 6 April, the We Are Lewisham hub in Lewisham Shopping Centre transforms into a hotbed of upcycling. Drop in to give your unloved clothes a new lease of life. All equipment is provided.
- Children can also get involved. Throughout the Easter holidays from Thursday 7 to Saturday 16 April, any child – accompanied by a parent or carer – can visit the hub where they will learn how to sew. Their handiwork will feature in the catwalk show.
- You can join the fun from home too. Make sure you’re following @WeAreLewisham #CreativeChallenge as we’ll be sharing top upcycling tips from Karen Arthur across our social media pages.
- Take part in our fashion show. This is your chance to show off your fabulous upcycled creations. Either hit the catwalk yourself, or have somebody else model for you. Please note this event will now take place at the end of June. More details to follow.
Drop into the We Are Lewisham hub:
The We Are Lewisham sewing hub is open from Wednesday 6 to Thursday 28 April.
- 10am – 5:30pm | Wednesday, Friday and Saturday
- 10am – 7pm | Thursday
Find us opposite H&M in Lewisham Shopping Centre.