We're looking for Lewisham residents who would like to be involved in our spectacular finale event on 21 December 2022.
Lewisham’s year as London Borough of Culture has been about coming together to celebrate our history, people and place. If you live or work in the borough, you can be part of our finale event.
Please only apply for one of the below opportunities.
The LIT! Finale event will be a choreographed flash mob with up to 300 people from across Lewisham moving together across Beckenham Place Park as part of an illuminated parade. It will be a beautiful closing moment of mass participation created with some really exciting artists, underscored by a large choir and specially commissioned music – starring you!
Important to know:
- No previous performance experience is needed. You do not need to be a dancer or performer!
- There are a limited number of volunteer places
- You may be asked to provide your own costume. It will be very simple e.g, ‘Please wear dark colours’
As well as the performance, you will need to be available to attend ONE rehearsal of up to 4 hours. Please indicate your availability below to help us plan.
Saturday 17 December – 10am-2pm
Saturday 17 December – 2-6pm
Sunday 18 December – 10am-2pm
Sunday 18 December – 2-6pm
Performance: 21 December, 4-8pm
Want to get involved? Please fill out this form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
The LIT! Chorus
As part of the LIT! Finale event a special community choir of up to 70 people will be formed to sing alongside the illuminated parade detailed above. The choir will rehearse and sing a selection of specially chosen and orchestrated songs as well as a new LIT! Anthem in Beckenham Place Park on 21 December. The choir will be led by composer and vocal animateur Kirsty Martin who led our Sun & Sea choir earlier in the year.
UPDATE: Rehearsals for this have started. We might still be able to take new people do if you are interested Please fill out a form and we’ll be in touch shortly.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer Event Stewards
LIT! will be taking place across different locations in Beckenham Place Park such as the Revel Puck Circus, Homestead Café, and Beckenham Place Mansion. Event stewards may be asked to:
- Help guests find their way around the activities in the park
- Point people in the right direction from the train station.
- Take feedback surveys from visitors.
- Provide a friendly welcome and explain a bit about what’s going on.
- LIT! is taking place across 3 days, 20-22 December. We will need volunteer stewards on each day from 4-8pm but you can choose which day(s) you would like to volunteer.
Please contact Liam.O’DohertyLovely@lewisham.gov.uk if you have any questions